I have been on a lemon kick lately. The Summer heat makes me crave any and everything Lemon. Today is no different and so Lemon & White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats were on the brain. They are not overpowering and super simple to make because who wants to be in the kitchen on a hot day? These Lemon & White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are a wonderful twist on the traditional recipe balancing two beloved flavors! The ingredients are available (or I hope they are) at most grocery stores. Most of my generation grew up on the traditional rice cereal treat but why not expand and explore our options!
Not a huge fan of sour and tart candy or treats so this flavor combination really aims to please. The lemon flavor is present but not overwhelming and the white chocolate just seems to add a subtle creaminess to the treat. Throw in some sprinkles and you've got yourself a little party in your mouth!
These treats are also a great way to get your kids interested in cooking and baking. With adult supervision, hand them the silicone spatula and let them stir the butter, add the marshmallows, etc. Let them handle the piping bag with white chocolate. They'll love you for it, I promise!! Of course, this is also a perfect way to teach them about chores such as washing the dishes! You wash, they rinse is really a time when as a parent, you can connect with them, talking about what you've just created together. These moments, for me, are the most memorable. The kitchen was THE hang out spot in our home and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything!
Anyone else claim the corner piece? It's a given that I'll always request one of the four. I don't have to have them all or even more than one slice just leave me one of the corners and I am good to go! That goes for anything. Except pie. Pie throws a monkey wrench into total corner domination! Okay it's Friday so enough rambling. Here ya go! Enjoy and let me know what you think should you make these Lemon & White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats!
Lemon & White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats! A wonderful Springtime twist on the traditional recipe balancing two beloved flavors!
- 3 tbsp Butter + more to coat pan & hands
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows (1 small bag *)
- 3.4 oz INSTANT Lemon Pudding (bag contents **)
- 1/2 cup Melted White Chocolate Chips (divided ***)
- 5 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare an 8 x 11.5 baking dish by smearing a thin coat of butter on the sides and bottom. Set aside.
- In a deep pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir to combine with butter until melted.
- Add entire contents of the instant pudding mix in powder form. Stir well to combine and break down any clumps that may form. Remove from heat.
- Working quickly, add a little more than half of the melted chocolate (reserve the rest for drizzling) and stir to incorporate it with marshmallow mix.
- Add half of the cereal and stir well. Add the UNmelted chocolate chips with the rest of the cereal and stir well to combine. Pour entire contents into the prepared baking dish.
- Coating your fingertips with butter to prevent sticking, press the cereal mix into the pan, spreading it out in the process. Pour remaining melted chocolate into a small piping bag, or ziplock sandwich bag, snip the tip off and drizzle over the cereal. If you are adding sprinkles, do so now.
- Cut into desired shapes and sizes. Enjoy!
Note: Quantity depends on portion sizes.
- Mini Marshmallows: I prefer to use mini marshmallows since they melt faster but use the larger ones if that's what you have, just keep it to 10 ounces. ** Instant Pudding: Make sure it is INSTANT and do NOT make the pudding! You need to use it in the powder stage. *** Melted White Chocolate: If the remaining melted chocolate hardens up before you are ready to drizzle it, pop it in the microwave for 10-15 second intervals until is is fluid again. Be careful not to burn it though.
Cori - xoxo