I managed to go shopping on Black Friday and I've decided I very much prefer online shopping to standing in line. I've never been one for crowds in confined spaces, which is why Cyber Monday Deals are fun. There's no need to stand in lines while the world around you is chaotic plus, we can stay in our Pj's while we shop! To sweeten things up a bit, I made these Spiced Candied Almonds to keep me company as I sit in front of my computer and shop these deals! Last week, I made a batch of Spiced Candied Pecans to use on top of Sweet Potato Cupcakes and they were so good! Today, I made Spiced Candied Almonds to share with you. Making these addictive, little bites to have on hand around the house is dangerous but it's how I live. On the edge! I'm a rebel that way…
Choose your nut stop giggling and then proceed. It's that easy! If you want more of a molasses flavor, feel free to use dark brown sugar instead of light. This recipe can also be halved if you don't need quite as much. But really…you do!
- 3 cups Whole Almonds
- 1/2 cup Sugar, granulated
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Place both sugars, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a plastic gallon sized zip lock bag. Zip closed and shake to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine vanilla and egg white. Use a fork to whip until frothy. Add almonds and stir to completely coat with egg mixture.
- Pour sugar mix over coated almonds and stir to coat. Pour mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees (F) for 30 minutes, stirring them once after the first 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart. Store in an airtight container for up to a week…if they last that long!
Recipe can be halved - keep to the one egg white.
Feel free to use dark brown sugar instead of light for a richer, molasses flavor.
Cori - xoxo