It's Wednesday, day three of #Choctoberfest week and we just got our first cold front of the season! I must say, I love Fall and everything that comes with it! To celebrate, I concocted this Edible Spiced White Chocolate Confetti Cookie Dough. It's a close ringer for the cookie recipe I use when making my decorated custom cookies. Plus, it is perfect for snacking AND, it's safe to eat!
This post is sponsored by Pop Sprinkles. I have received sample products for writing this post as a #Choctoberfest participant. All opinions and images are my very own.
Most of y'all know I love sprinkles. They are magical, inspiring creativity all the while making sweet treats look pretty! Sprinkle Pop is one of our sponsors for this year's #Choctoberfest and as soon as I heard they were, the inner 6 year old in me grinned silly, from ear to ear, all. day. long.
When it came time to choose our sprinkles, it was quite a task. They have a great selection of Sprinkle Mixes, I didn't know where to start! Over at Pop Sprinkles, they create custom bespoke sprinkle blends, dyed in house to match any idea a customer may have. If you can dream it, they can create it as a sprinkle mix. And that my friends, is a pretty sweet option to have when planning your next party…have them make a custom mix JUST FOR YOU!
Here were my picks:
Harvest Pop Sprinkle Mix
Unicorn Pop Sprinkle Mix
Fahoo Fores Pop Sprinkle Mix
Aren't they so pretty and vibrant?! I especially love the cut out shapes in these, they add that extra special touch! For this recipe, I went with the Harvest Sprinkle Mix since it's, you know, Fall and it happens to be my all time favorite season. Plus, they were the perfect fit for my Edible Spiced White Chocolate Confetti Cookie Dough, so YAY!!
In this house, we happen to love ice cream, even on cold days. Personally speaking, ice cream sandwiches are my fave! My problem, though is that every time I bite into one, the ice cream falls out the back. Grrr. Is it just me? I must be eating them wrong or something. So then, this was my solution … Crumble the cookie dough over a bowl of ice cream instead. Problem solved!
A Quick Note
Although this cookie dough is not meant to be baked, there is a little baking involved. Before getting started, the flour itself needs to be baked for a few minutes to get rid of any bacteria that might be present in it. Using raw flour is not ideal nor is it recommended for this recipe. It is super easy to bake the flour and takes little time, so DO NOT skip this important step!
Edible sugar cookie dough full of Sprinkles, White Chocolate and Fall Spices. It's the perfect little treat and topping for ice cream, cupcakes or devoured right out of a jar!
- 1 3/4 cup Flour, All Purpose *
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar, Granulated
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- 3 oz White Chocolate, chopped and divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 3 tbsp Sprinkle Pop Sprinkles (Harvest Mix)
- 2-3 tbsp Liquid Coffee Creamer (or milk) **
- Preheat oven to 300 (F) degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scatter flour evenly and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugars, emulsion, extract, orange zest and half of the chocolate for 2-3 minutes. Stop and scrape bowl.
- In a small bowl combine cooled flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining chocolate.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter and mix slowly. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix on low to combine. With mixer still on low, add coffee creamer (or milk) and mix until incorporated.
- Add sprinkles and stir in using a silicone spatula. Enjoy.
Flour: Flour will need to be baked for a few minutes to kill any bacteria present, but this is the only time you'll need to have your oven on. It can also be microwaved, but baking is my preferred method and only one I use.
Liquid Coffee Creamer: I used Pumpkin Spice flavored creamer, but any Fall flavored creamer would work here, otherwise, use milk.
Storing: Enjoy immediately or store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Let's not forget that along with #Choctoberfest comes a fantastic giveaway that is worth over $400! You can enter here below ⤵
Cori - xoxo