We are big snackers in this house, especially when friends and family gather together in my home. This Crushed Oreo Popcorn Snack Mix is super easy to make and is hands down a winner every time! If you're entertaining a big crowd, double this recipe and ta-da, you are good to go! The steps are easy and this is a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen, too. Plus, it only requires four (4) ingredients and that's incentive enough for this gal!
Let's Get Started
Microwave popcorn as per directions (or your preferred method) and empty contents into a bowl. Toss popcorn gently to allow the unpopped kernels to fall towards the bottom. Discard unpopped kernels. I do this step twice just to ensure there's none remaining in there because biting into one of those little suckers will take the fun out of your party in no time! Chop up White Chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in high for one minute and a half then stir. Continue microwaving in 15 second intervals until it's completely melted and smooth when stirred.
Place Oreos in a plastic sandwich bag and using a mallet (or rolling pin) crush them up. Add them to Popped Corn along with the dry Oreo Pudding powder and the melted chocolate. Stir to combine and incorporate all ingredients, making sure to get all that goodness over each popcorn piece because, Yum!!
Pour popcorn mix onto your prepared parchment lined baking sheet and spread into a thin, single layer. Allow approximately 20 minutes for chocolate to firm up and set. If you're impatient, like me, place baking sheet in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to speed this process up 😉
Once the chocolate has set up, break it up with your hands, place in a bowl and devour it, share it or store it. You can definitely make this ahead of time, just store in an airtight container for up to two days.
This Crushed Oreo Popcorn Snack Mix is a tasty addition to almost any party table including Game Day, Family Game Night, Slumber Parties, Pool Parties, Kid Parties, yada, yada, yada - You get the idea, it's versatile! Look at these clusters!
- 1 bag Kettle Corn Microwave Popcorn
- 8 Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz White Chocolate Bark
- 2 oz Oreo Instant Pudding (powder)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Microwave popcorn according to package directions. Pour into a bowl. Gently toss popcorn with your hands to allow unpopped kernels to fall to bottom of bowl. Scoop handfuls of popcorn into a larger bowl, discarding remaining kernels. Repeat this step once more or until there are no unpopped kernels remaining.
- Chop chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl. If you can't find the chocolate bark, feel free to use good quality white chocolate chips such as Ghirardelli. Melt for 1 min 30 seconds on high. Stir and continue microwaving in 15 second increments until melted and smooth when stirred. Set aside.
- Place cookies in a plastic sandwich bag and using a mallet or rolling pin, crush them. Add crushed cookies, pudding powder and melted chocolate to popcorn. Stir until all ingredients are combined well.
- Pour contents into prepared baking sheet. Spread out into a thin, single layer and allow to sit for approximately 20 minutes for the chocolate to set up.
- Once set, crumble with your hands and transfer into a serving bowl or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
If you like Popcorn Snack Mixes, take at look at my Loaded Popcorn Recipe
Cori - xoxo