If you’re anything like me, Grilled Tangy Corn on the Cob is practically a no-brainer. Problem is, the weather here in South Texas has been crazy. So much RAIN!! Not something you see much of in Summer but is sure can dampen the grilling mood…for some. Not me, though. When I wanted to fire up the grill, my hubby quickly came to my aide. Turns out, beach umbrella’s are pretty handy in blocking the rain over a BBQ pit!
#CookoutWeek 2018 is here (more on that in a bit) and so, I wanted to share this delicious (and super easy) recipe with y’all. This Grilled Tangy Corn on the Cob is a side dish that is sure to complement your Barbecue Menu this summer…Rain or Shine. Plus, using Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil in place of butter helps keep it on the healthy side…BONUS!!!
This post is sponsored by Barlean’s. I have received sample products for writing this post as a #CookoutWeek participant. All opinions and images are my very own.
One of the reasons I like working and using Barlean’s is because of the quality of their products. Their Butter Flavored Coconut Oil is not only a healthy fat but has a rich and delicious flavor of real homestyle butter. It has No Cholesterol or Trans Fats. It’s Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher and Vegan as well as Free of Dairy, Soy and Gluten. It can be substituted 1:1 for butter and can be used as a liquid or a solid. And in case you are wondering…No, it does not taste like coconut! 😉
I have used my Butter Flavored Coconut Oil in brownies, cookies and even in these Chocolate Almond & Coconut Rice Krispy Treats that were a hit! Today, I’m using it on my Grilled Tangy Corn on the Cob and you’re in for a treat! The combination of the sweet corn and spices makes this BBQ side dish drool worthy and will quickly become one of your go-to #cookoutweek favorites.
Tangy Corn on the Cob Prep
To make the tangy paste, combine most of the ingredients in a jar, stirring and blending it well. This paste is enough for approximately 6 full ears of corn. Remove the husk and silk from each cob and trim off the ends if desired.
Divide and slather the paste all over each cob. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Individually wrap each cob in foil and grill.
That’s it…easy peasy! These corn cobs are great with just about any main dish you decide to grill up! I made them with my Grilled Meatloaf Sliders, which I’ll be sharing this week, but they also go great with BBQ Chicken, Fajitas, Brisket, Ribs…you get the idea!
Tangy Grilled Corn on the Cob
This Grilled Tangy Corn on the Cob is a side dish that is sure to complement your Barbecue Menu this summer...Rain or Shine
- 6 Corn Cobs
- 8 tbsp Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil (solid)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Barbecue Sauce of Choice I used Kentucky Bourbon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes (dried)
- Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
- Lime Zest & Juice (optional)
Remove husk and silk from Corn Cobs. Cut ends as needed or if desired.
In a small jar, combine solid coconut oil, paprika, garlic, bbq sauce and cayenne pepper. Stir well to combine and bring to a smooth paste consistency.
Divide and slather paste all over each cob. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Wrap each cob in foil.
Grill over medium heat for 20 minutes, turning each cob frequently to prevent burning. Remove from grill and from foil. Plate and if desired, garnish with lime zest and squeeze lime juice over them for an added punch of flavor.
#CookoutWeek 2018 Is On!
Ok, now a bit more about #CookoutWeek 2018…What is it? In case some of you are unfamiliar with this special event, here’s the scoop:
During the next week, I am joining over 50 of my blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes. If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you have definitely come to the right place!
This week, we are also hosting a HUGE giveaway thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek Sponsors. Enter below to win. Here’s what one lucky will will receive:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750!
To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below:
Here’s a full list of the bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek 2018! You can find yummy recipes by checking out any of the links below:
The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ April GoLightly ♥ Authentically Candace ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ CookwithRenu ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday Eileen ♥ Fairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Herbivore Cucina ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Oven Tales By Syama ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Strawberry Blondie Kitchen ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ Technotini ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Simple Supper ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Who Needs A Cape? ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen
Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!